Friday, September 4, 2009

Knox Blox-A Blast From The Past


When was the last time you played with your food? Knox Blox were a family favorite in my house. My kids loved eating Jello with their fingers! You can make them in almost any color of the rainbow, they are inexpensive, easy and fun. I don't even like Jello, but I love Knox Blox! When I'm really ambitious, or trying to show a bit of holiday spirit (red and blue, green and red) I make them in more than one color. You can also cut them into shapes with cookie cutters for special occasions. I can't take credit for the recipe, it has been around for years.







Ingredients:
4 cups boiling water
1 box (4 envelopes) Knox Gelatine
3 small boxes Jello, any flavor (do not use Sugar Free Jello)

Pour the Jello and Gelatin into a large bowl, stir in the boiling water and continue to stir about 2 minutes until dissolved. Pour into a 9x13 pan and refrigerate. Chill until firm and cut into squares. We think of this as a "kid food" but it has no fat, and makes a great dessert. Enjoy!

8 comments:

J Rodney said...

You just reminded me that I have some jello packages. Maybe I'll make these for Roshane's b day next week.

Sue said...

They would be fun for a birthday. You could cut them into shapes if you wanted to.

Miss Red said...

aww this brings back memories! i actually just did a post about my parents - i'm leaving for college in three days and am already missing them =(

Sue said...

Miss Red-thanks for visiting, I'll head your way. Good luck at school. It is hard to be away from your parents, and hard for them too. But it is so much fun, enjoy it!

JUST ME said...

Jello makes my tongue feel weird. But I'd eat those.

Sue said...

just me-thanks for commenting, you should try these...not the same texture as jello at all.

Sonia said...

My great-nephews loved jigglers cut into cute shapes when they were smaller.... Just the other day I found a blog where someone had made a 'mosaic' type dessert using bits and pieces of different colors of Jell-O inside a white condensed milk gelatine block. It was pretty

Sue said...

Sonia-that would be pretty. I have a recipe that has layers of jello colors. It is stunning until it is cut, and then the colors all run together! My kids liked jigglers too, but they like the Knox Blox better because the addded gelatin made them chewy.