Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Little Bit Of Music For You

   
     Sometimes I'm lucky enough to be asked to review music CD's. I was recently asked to listen to and review the current CD by One eskimO. Now I must admit, I try to keep current on musical artists...but, I had never heard of this band before receiving the album. I find the best way for me to really review an album, is to simply put it on and listen. If I feel as if I want to turn it off or it hurts my ears...that isn't a good thing. If I find myself moving to the beat, I am very pleasantly surprised.

     One eskimO are a four piece indie rock group from London, England. Kristian Leontiou sings lead vocals with Adam Falkner (drums), Pete Rinaldi (guitar), and Jamie Sefton (bass and horns). Leontiou actually had a top ten hit in the UK in 2004, but left the pop music scene to create One eskimO which is more in the "indie rock" genre of music. The song "Kandi" on the album was recently the #1 adult alternative song as well as the most played song on adult rock radio stations.

     So, how did I like the CD? Truthfully, when it first started...I wasn't sure what to think. The first song starts with a speaking voice that sounded like a voiceover from a 60's televsion show. My first thought was, "how am I going to listen to this entire album"? The song began and I liked it, they sounded a bit like Snow Patrol to me and I love Snow Patrol. When Kandi came on (song #3) I caught myself dancing to the music while I was making dinner. There were several songs that I really enjoyed, some were not as memorable, but overall this is a very pleasant album. I won't say it is one of my favorite all time CD's, but I will continue to play it. It is one of those albums I would play when I wanted catchy background music (singer/songwriter style). I think we will be hearing much more from One eskimO. See what you think!



I do have lots to tell you about and I appreciate all of the support and prayers after the loss of my mom. I'm ready to "get back to it" and I hope to visit each of you very soon to catch up with what you have been doing.

7 comments:

dee dee said...

Glad to "hear your voice" Sue!
I'll have to check out the song next!
When we went to Chicago to see U2 in concert, Snow Patrol was the opening band. Neat young band!
With prayers.... Dee Dee

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm really thinking of you, Sue. Hope you will feel up to blogging soon.

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

And I appreciate the review on this band.

J Rodney said...

It sure sounds like an interesting cd Sue.

I was just thinking of you tonight. Well, actually I started singing this song out of the blue in Danish. When my son asked me if my mother used to sing the song for me, I realized that it was the song that my mother had requested we had someone sing at her funeral. I cannot believe that it has been three year since she died this month. It seems surreal!

Just letting you know that I am thinking of you!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I am so glad to hear from you, and that you are feeling like you want to get back in the mainstream of life! You have been on my mind and in my prayers!

I didn't know that you were so hip! I am not at all up to date when it comes to current music. But thanks for the little snippet of what I'm missing.

I'll keep looking for the next post!
Yvonne

Shellbelle said...

First, so good to "see" you my friend.

Funny (in a good way), because while I was listening to the video I thought it sounded familiar and then I saw in the comments on youtube that it was at the end of the Bones finale. It caught my attention then and now I know who its by. I like this particular song a lot and would be curious to hear more by this band.

Relyn Lawson said...

OK, so I am wondering how on earth you get to review CDs. That's awesome. Of course, I really want to know how to get to review books. That would be too wonderful!