Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Red, White and Valentine"s Day

     I'm a little late to the game today because I'm just starting to "spruce" things up around here after having a stark look after Christmas. I did want to participate in Marty's 100th Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life. Please take a moment to stop in and wish her a Happy 100th posting.


     I was thrilled to find white tulips at my local Walmart today. They are my favorite. I just plunked (that is a technical term) them in a white pitcher and I love the casual look.



     I don't really have Valentine's Day decorations, so I simply put some candy in both a new jar and antique candy jar to add  a hint of the holiday.



This figurine was an anniversary gift from my husband in December.


If you look closely, you can see Zoe in her
kennel watching every move I'm making!


     With our warmer than usual temperatures and today's sunshine, I'd really like to put out spring things all over the house...but, I'd just be kidding myself. Winter is going to show up...it is just a matter of when and how bad it will be!

Happy 100th Table Top Tuesday Marty!


12 comments:

Linda said...

I love tulips...none here yet though. Candy for decorations is a great idea...it's really windy and cold here today...the last 2 days it rained. It is supposed to warm up again by the end of the week...we sure have crazy weather here!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love all of your gorgeous white pieces. The birds are favorites of mine. Beautiful table vignette and the tulips are perfect. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your white pieces, Sue! Great pitcher for holding your white tulips and I love that tall piece with the bird on top!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, I must get some tulips and dream of spring. Pretty vignette.

Unknown said...

I use candy for decorations all the time ... trouble is we pass it too often. Love the tulips & white vessels.
Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I like the simple combination of red and white. I almost bought some tulips this afternoon, but they all looked like they had been open for a while, and figured they would be spent in another day or 2.
Looks like if I have any Valentine decor it will only be candy and right now don't have that. :-D
Enjoy your evening.

dee dee said...

Sue, this is simply beautiful!
I love all the pure white and the pops of pink!
Dee Dee

Patrice said...

Love all that white porcelain!

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty, but your vignettes always are! I like your idea of putting the candy in the jars and I love all of your porcelain pieces!

I enjoyed the sunshine and warmer temps today, too!

XO,
Jane

Mosaic Magpie said...

I really like the bird under the glass dome. The bride and groom piece is really neat.
Deb

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is very pretty Sue! I love the figurine and the white pitcher with white tulips, gorgeous!
And your little grandson's below are just so adorable!
Hugs,
Cindy

Ricki Treleaven said...

How pretty! You have such pretty white treasures. Tulips always brighten a space, don't you think! They are my very favorite flowers.