Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Morning...


     We were in Orlando for 2 weeks over the holiday. Much of that time was in a hotel, but we moved out of the hotel on Christmas Eve and spent 4 nights at our daughter's condo. My husband gets up very early and he would go get a newspaper and a cup of coffee, leaving us to sleep in. One morning, at just moments past dawn, my phone rang. He said, "go outside now and take your camera". I grabbed the camera and ran outside barefoot in my pjs...not knowing what to expect. What I saw took my breath away. I guess it is very common in the Orlando area, but it is a rare sight for us. They have balloon ride tours and we just happened to catch a group of them sailing right over head. Some of them were so close they were waving and talking to me (in my pjs, with bed head) and some were fairly high in the air. The air was slightly cool, the sun had just come up and the sky was brilliant with balloon color. *Sigh*














11 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great pics - thanks for sharing them. Would see them often when I was in AZ. I enjoy seeing them in flight, but not interested in riding in one. :D

Lynn said...

What a neat surprise! And how nice of your hubby to let you know about it:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great sight! I'd never want to take a ride in one, but it's fun to watch!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

How gorgeous! It reminds me, once again, how much I miss living in FL. xo Diana

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is cool Sue! I notice Diana missed living in Florida..I miss visiting there. We are both from Wisc. where it is horribly cold.
I think I need some Florida!!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Gypsy Heart said...

How fun! So glad you were able to "participate" with them and take photos too.

xo
Pat

bj said...

I love beautiful hot air balloons...
once, when a couple of my grandsons were little, we took them on a trip to Colorado. One morning, we awoke to what looked like hundreds of hot air balloons in the air...they were just beautiful..
The boys wanted to ride one but....I was too scared...I am SUCH a wuz.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Gorgeous hot air balloons! I used to see them all the time when we lived in Arizona. :D

koralee said...

oh wow....this is lovely! Such pretty blue sky..which I was floating around in one of them. Thank you for your sweet comments you left me the other day about my book...xoxoxo Happy Monday!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi again,
Just love these balloons, they are so pretty. Once when we were in Helen, Ga. when our kids were little, they had balloon races, and they were all beautiful balloons like that and we sat out on a blanket in the field and watched them rise and float away, we all enjoyed it so much. I always thought it might be fun to take a ride in one, but I would probably chicken out at the last minute~ lol

Bye now, thanks for sharing these lovely pics, brought back sweet memories..................

Blessings, Nellie

Sophie said...

Oh, that is so cool! I love it when I see them, and its not that often.