Friday, April 26, 2013

Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival (part 1)


     The nice thing about writing a blog post about the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, is that I really don't have to write much. The pictures do the talking. We actually went to Epcot the day after the Boston bombings. I will admit to feeling guilty going to a theme park when so many people were suffering. It was also very eye-opening that as we entered the park, we immediately saw an officer with a security dog. In our many, many trips to Walt Disney World, we have never seen them sweeping the parks with dogs before. It is one more reminder of how much our country has changed and how it truly feels as if nowhere is safe anymore. How sad for all of us.

     Now that I have you depressed, I think I'll let the pictures make you smile. Some things were new this year, some are old favorites and all of them are simply amazing!
















 
More to come.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Linda said...

It is sad that these things have to happen...but its better to be safe than sorry I suppose. Your pictures did make me smile...I especially liked the monsters...adorable...looks easy to do too...hmmm...Have a great day!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures and the tour - Thanks for sharing them.
Enjoy your weekend.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, the Lady and the Tramp flowers are beautiful! Isn't that something that they would use dogs at Disney. What a sad day that you have to think about the security to that extent. So glad you had a nice time. It is beautiful! I love going to Epcot during the garden show.
Sherry

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, I love that gator! I love all of it. I forget how neat Disney is because I don't tend to go as much as I once did. Loved seeing this, Sue.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I have been glued to the computer with this other, and it's like an onion. So many layers to peel. I'm sure the people there would have wished for you to have a good time ,too. I was so impressed with their attitudes.

XO

Sheila

Sue said...

I wish I was there, it looks lovely. Thanks for posting. Sue

Gypsy Heart said...

They do such a marvelous job of creating beautiful spaces ~ it feels refreshing to go there. Isn't it awful that we really don't have the "freedom" we think we do...but we can't live in fear either. That's what they want!

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos!

xo
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

They do such a marvelous job of creating beautiful spaces ~ it feels refreshing to go there. Isn't it awful that we really don't have the "freedom" we think we do...but we can't live in fear either. That's what they want!

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos!

xo
Pat

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow, this is incredible! No wonder you love to go! Do you come back with any ideas?

I personally like having the extra security...it always seems it takes a tragedy to step it up though.

XO,
Jane