Thursday, July 25, 2013

Friends, Facebook and Moonie Blossoms


     I think most of us have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I swore I wasn't going to get on it and yet it has turned out to be one of the best things I ever did. Because of Facebook, I have been able to reconnect with many of my high school friends (and some classmates that weren't really friends in school) and not only have we had a reunion, many of us have renewed friendships that were dormant for many years. We have bonded over the loss of parents, illnesses and deaths of classmates, weddings and grandchildren. It has really been a blessing.


     One of my friends has a very talented daughter who has started her own business. Because we are connected on Facebook, I kept seeing items that her daughter was posting and we often talk about her business when we get together. It has been fun watching it grow from a few items to many and I’m always so frustrated that I don’t have any little girls to buy these things for. I finally got to meet her daughter this week and she was showing me pictures of some of her creations. Everything was so cute! If I had a young daughter or granddaughter, I would be going crazy over all of these things. So, I asked her if I could do a blog post about her business and share some pictures.

 
     Chelsea Weaver lives in Michigan and owns an online boutique called Moonie Blossoms (how cute is that?). Her business started with handmade tutus and she has added hair accessories, custom embroidered clothing (she can personalize items) as well as a few darling clothing and jewelry items from other sources available in limited numbers. She custom designs Halloween costumes...

A sweet little bee

A Halloween dress

A peacock tutu (this is an adult skirt).

She also does custom embroidery.

A bathing suit

A first birthday onesie

One of my favorites...a little ladybug
1st birthday Head to Toe outfit.

A first birthday custom design for the girly-girl,
who just happens to love John Deere tractors.


She creates beautiful hair accessories.

Frilly rompers

If you have a theme in mind, she will design it.

     Her prices start at $1 each for blank headbands, $4 for Flower clips, $5 embellished headbands and $18 for Tutu skirts. Her Crochet waistband tutu skirts are $20 and she even has tutu dresses that range from $25-$55 depending on the size and style. The prices are listed here for up to age 8 and she will give you quotes for larger sizes. Her Head to Toe packages include the onesie or t-shirt, the tutu, a hair ornament and if requested-leg warmers. The prices depend on the design and size.

     One of the things that I think is very unique that she does is a party pack. She charges $110 for 10 girls and $200 for 20 girls (with price quotes for other size groups) and each party pack includes a Tutu skirt on a crochet waistband to fit a large range of sizes and your choice of accessory for each girl which can be a tiara, wings, handmade wand or bead necklaces. My daughter would have loved a party like this and such a wonderful take home for the guests!  


     Chelsea asks for 20% down with your order and to be paid in full before shipping. She does take credit cards and Paypal. After meeting Chelsea and talking to her about her business, I was really impressed with her devotion to customer service. I think this is what is going to make her stand out from others. She truly wants her customers to be happy, to get exactly what they want and I got the feeling that there isn't any theme she wouldn't be willing to make.
     You can contact Chelsea at Cici2089@aol.com or find her Facebook page here. If you want to call Moonie Blossoms, the number is 715-578-7600.
     Chelsea has decided to offer anyone who mentions reading my blog post a 25% discount off their first order!


  





  
I was not compensated for this blog post, this was my idea!

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What darling , darling items. I hope she sells tons of stuff. What a sweet baby- gotta love that little face! xo Diana

nannykim said...

so cute--there is someone locally that produces similar items here. I bought some for my granddaughter when she was a bit smaller. So much fun! She also made capes for boys.

Jenny said...

I loved these ideas!

And how fun to offer a party pack!

I need a tiny girl in the family again. The smallest are both boys and I'm always seeing yummy things like this, too, and wishing!

Thanks for a darling post!